Bengaluru | Karnataka | India
Apptio’s vision of growth is achieving data driven marketing and digital excellence on a global basis. To fuel this innovation, we are developing a Global Digital Center of Excellence (COE) and assembling a best-in-class team of experts in marketing, digital, ecommerce, and analytics.
Our goal is to implement a compelling enterprise-wide strategy through a Global Marketing Services (GMS) located in Bangalore, India. The GMS will become the backbone of Apptio’s global expansion supporting the scalability and reuse of programs, tools, content and services throughout the world.
The GMS Director, will lead the Indian team in all its work streams including creative development, marketing technology platform operations, event and field execution operations, media (paid, owned, earned) operations, reporting and analytics, campaign management, webinars and more — all to ensure the operating model evolves with Apptio’s global needs.
What we want you to do:
· Execute initiatives in the Digital Center of Excellence (COE) portfolio including designing and rolling out new governance and communication processes among global teams.
· Support the Digital and Demand Generation activities in the prioritization and execution of the multiple COE-led activities.
· Manage the GMS portfolio of activities to ensure progress is on plan, on goal and on budget.
· Coordinate requests from brands and regions ensuring they meet prioritization and align to road maps.
· Design new communications streams including ongoing sharing of new knowledge / insights acquired through data analytics.
· Maintain constant communication with internal stakeholders in terms of project updates and governance.
· Support analysis of ROI models for future opportunities so that prioritization is well informed.
Qualifications & Competencies
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 10+ years of related work experience
· Solid understanding of the all functions of how advanced Marketing capabilities and needs with a mix of media, creative, technical, sales knowledge
· Experience developing COE and/or GMS in India working with a global team / Experience leading an Agency in similar capacity may also be considered
· A business athlete, to the point, practical, results-driven
· Operationally fit, even when tasks are outside of their area of expertise
· Innovative, has a disruptive mindset, constantly looks forward
· Entrepreneurial, autonomous, open to collaboration
· Strategically minded, but tactically sound; able to roll up sleeves and guide execution at ground level while keeping in mind the bigger picture
· Capable of working in a large corporate environment without full guidance (finds his/her path and makes it happen)
· Capable of raising consensus at all levels: peers, executives, team members
· Pushes the organization to constantly improve, shows opportunities, stimulates out-of-the-box thinking
· Effective communicator (written and oral)
· Available to travel (~25%)